Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"No Drama Obama"

This post is in response to an article concerning United States foreign policy.

Although it may be frowned upon, the U.S. is pushing aside the foreign policy to focus on domestic policy. I see this as a necessary evil. In order to be an asset to the rest of the world, we need to deal with our own problems first. If this means delaying foreign policy to a lower spot on the agenda, so be it. Paul Reynolds of the BBC said that even though President Obama believes "yes we can" he has left but a light footprint on our affairs with Afghanistan and Iran. Reynolds says that this approach, "no drama Obama," will not last. My stand is this: I agree that we must increase our attention towards foreign affairs; but I understand that domestically we may not be prepared. However I do think that Obama is trying to reform more than is necessary. The President should distribute the time he spends focussing on each issue, as opposed to one at a time.

1 comment:

  1. My stand is:
    I agree with you because i think its not bad to think in all the issues that your country has, but the president should distribute his time in a more efficient way.
    Every issue of the country as domesticall or foreign conserns in the same way.
    Leslie Lozano, México
    Thomas jefferson

    ReplyDelete